Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ga Ga for Jumpers!

I've made 11 jumpers in the past two months- most of them for a craft show that turned out to be more like a large garage sale. My booth was beside a bearded man who was selling fishing lures and who spelled salmon with a "d" at the end on his sign. How can you claim to be an expert at "luring" in a specific type of fish yet not know how to spell it? I fought the urge the entire time to do two things: 1) chuck his staticy radio at him and 2) explain that salmon does not have a silent "d".

Anyway, I found a cute pattern from Newlook and modified it a bit. I tried it out first by making one for my daughter. Instead of sewing a strap to the back yoke and one to the front and having them tie in a knot on the shoulder, I sewed one on the back yoke and brought it through a button hole to knot on the front yoke. I liked this look. I have Maggie wear it with leggings most of the time. I enjoy that layered look.



So- the craft show wasn't a complete waste of time. I got three special orders, which reminds me...time to start working on those!

Here are some of my favorites that I've made. Let me know what you think. Honest opinions are valuable to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment