Friday, September 25, 2009

Embellished Onesies- Check.


So, I had to buy a pack of onesies because I needed a light green one to go with Maggie's Birthday tutu. Of course, the other onesies in the pack were "boyish" and couldn't be worn without some embellishment. I decided to applique a half eaten apple to one and a birdie to the other. I planned on doing a blanket stitch around them and then I discovered that it wouldn't be very sturdy. I decided to try adjusting my zig-zag stitch to cover the edges. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know you could embroider around an image on a "regular" machine. :0 It worked well. I ended up making Maggie an apple skirt to go with the onesie. It's a little longer than I wanted it to be, but it looks pretty cute with leggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment